”Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.” – Acts 6:3
The Deacons Ministry assists the Pastor in proclaiming the gospel; providing care for the Pastor, church members, and the community; building and maintaining church fellowship; and providing Christian leadership to help the church attain its spiritual vision…’EMPOWERING BELIEVERS TO EXPAND GOD’S KINGDOM!”
We the Deacon Ministry of FMBC aim to be a ministry focused on serving the people of our church community under the guidance of our Pastor through modeling Christ-centered leadership, assisting in developing the spiritual lives of our congregants, and being in constant prayer for the body of Christ.
Deacons are appointed and ordained by the Pastor. They assist by caring for the poor, the sick, the preparation and administration of the Ordinances; service of the Communion and Baptism; and in ministering to the spiritual interests of families in the Church and community. We also assist in the Benevolence Ministry of the church.
Our Mission: To Expand God’s Kingdom through the Word of God!
This mission is accomplished as we assist the Pastor and Deacon Ministry in visiting members of the Church; and assisting in the preparation and administering of the ordinances of the Church.
- To be totally committed and ready to follow the instructions and leadership of the Pastor
- To assist the Deacon Ministry as needed in carrying out their duties
- To serve as a role models to young women of the church
- To prepare the table for the Lord’s Supper
- Maintain the baptismal wardrobes of the Pastor and candidates
- Assist the Deacons with Communion
- Visit the sick and shut-in
- Serve when and where needed